Resolution - NOUN - A promise to yourself to do something positive; make a personal change.
The tradition of new year's resolutions began in Roman times as a way to begin the new year in a positive way. In Roman times, the most common type of resolution was 'be good to other people.'
2015 was a big year for me both personally and professionally. I didn't have much time to focus on myself because I was so busy. Some years I make resolutions and some years I don't. This year I decided to change some things that aren't working for me so I made a lot of resolutions!
My five resolutions for 2016 are:
1) Keep in contact with friends and family better!
2) Focus more on myself - health and hobbies
3) Get healthier - exercise more and eat more whole foods
4) Connect with English learners from around the world
5) Continue to be kind to people, even when they are not kind.
Do you follow the tradition of new year's resolutions?
Comment below and tell us what your resolution for 2016 are!
Let's go, ladies!
About Your English Coach
Alannah is a CELTA (University of Cambridge) qualified English language teacher from Canada who lives in Italy with her wonderful husband. She's been teaching English since 2006 and has taught many different nationalities in both Canada and Italy.